These shoulder workouts with bands provide great exercises for at home or in the gym performance.
For those of us looking to build strength and flexibility in our shoulders, it’s important to know that shoulder workouts with bands can be just as effective as any with weights. With the right amount of resistance and proper form, you can really work your muscles to grow and never worry about doing a poor shoulder exercise. While weights can obviously increase muscle hypertrophy and allow for serious gains, when it comes to banded exercises, you will start to see some of that overall definition and improved training and performance that you want most.
Let’s take a look at some awesome shoulder workouts with bands to seriously improve all areas of our training and performance while also working towards that sculpted and toned body we all desire. Having strong shoulders are a necessity and resistance bands offer great benefits, so let’s put the two together to see some amazing gains.
Benefits Of Strong Shoulders
When it comes to potentially vulnerable joints, our shoulders are at the top of the list. It is vital to keep them strong and stable to avoid any unwanted pain and injury that can come our way. By working our shoulders effectively, we can handle anything that comes our way workout wise.
Benefits of strong shoulders include:
- Functional and sport specific: Having strong shoulders can work for our functionality and everyday activities while also those that are more sport specific to better our respective training and performance.
- Prevent injury: With weak shoulders, you run the risk of injury which can keep you out of the gym for much longer than you may like.
- Boost confidence: With stronger and defined shoulders, your confidence and posture will likely improve making you feel better overall.
- Nice aesthetic: Having those boulder shoulders can really enhance your aesthetic and make you have a body those around you will envy.
Reasons To Use Resistance Bands
Resistance bands can seriously enhance all areas of our growth and physical development and should not be overlooked as a piece of exercise equipment. A good quality resistance band will:
- Build muscle: Work to increase strength and size to not only see growth and definition but also work to seriously enhance those big lifts.
- Promote better range of motion: Help create a solid and stable platform for those big lifts as well as other everyday activities to better your mobility and flexibility.
- Enhance mind-muscle connection: Focus more on form while still having resistance to better progress with your goals.
- Great warm-up: A great way to add resistance while not overloading your muscles, you can get your blood flowing and your body primed for whatever workout comes your way.
Shoulder Workouts With Bands
Give these shoulder workouts with bands a try to start to see the mighty benefits of both strong shoulders and resistance bands. With these exercises, you won’t be disappointed by the results.
Stand on top of the band and hold each end with one hand. Raising your arms in front of you, bring them to around shoulder height before slowly lowering back to the starting position.
Standing in the middle of the band, hold each end with your palms facing inward. With a slight bend in the elbows, raise your arms to your side at about shoulder height and in a controlled motion, lower back to the starting position.
Standing with your feet on the band, grab one end of the loop and hold it at chest level. With a tight core and proper form, drive your hands over your head working to lock out your elbows. Lower back in a controlled motion to the starting position.
With your feet in the center of the band, hinge over at the waist and keep your lower back arched. Pulling the band outward, hold for a moment with a squeeze and lower back down.
Standing with your feet at about shoulder width apart, the band should be horizontally in front of you. With your arms extended out in front of you and your core tight, pull the band apart and squeeze your shoulder blades together before releasing back to less tension.
With your feet in the middle of the band, pull the band towards your face, keeping your elbows high. While maintaining good posture all the way through, hold at the top before lowering back down.