Shaun Clarida pushes through a massive leg day training.
Shaun Clarida shares his intense off season leg day training as he preps for the 2022 Olympia. Looking to pull off a major upset in the Men’s Open division, Clarida is pushing himself hard to pack on some serious muscle.
Shaun Clarida is an absolute beast to say the least. The former reigning 212 champion wowed the bodybuilding world when he took to stage in the Men’s Open division. Not only did Clarida move up, but he won and qualified for the 2022 Olympia. The feat is far from common. With the qualification Clarida is making the case to be a pound for pound great bodybuilder.
Hoping to prove that he can be the next “giant killer”, Shaun Clarida has been hard at work refining his physique. While he says he still may compete in the 212 division, Clarida will still need to build some quality muscle if he hopes to compete against the likes of Big Ramy and Brandon Curry.
How He Can Set Himself Apart
It’s no secret that Shaun Clarida will be one of the smaller bodybuilders to step on stage in the Men’s Open division. Despite that fact Clarida still has an opportunity to pull off a massive upset. But how will he get it done?
One of the best conditioned athletes in bodybuilding, Shaun Clarida never fails to show up on stage diced and shredded. While he may not be able to outsize the opposition, Clarida has the ability to show up with better conditioning.
Leg Day Training
But while conditioning may be the key for Shaun Clarida to win, that doesn’t mean he isn’t still putting on size. In a recent intense leg day training session, Clarida is looking to pack on some muscle. While he may not be lifting ridiculous weight, his strategy will still prove to be helpful to build quality muscle.
“LEG DAY. EVERYONE’S FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK,” SAID SHAUN CLARIDA. “WE GOT SOME NEW TOYS IN THE GYM WHICH YOU GUYS WILL SEE SHORTLY. PRETTY BASIC TODAY. AGAIN, TODAY IS MY MAIN QUAD FOCUS DAY. SO YOU’RE GOING TO SEE A LOT OF MOVEMENTS FOR QUADS, ONE OR TWO FOR HAMSTRINGS. MY SECOND HAMSTRING IS LATER IN THE WEEK AS WELL. LEG DAY, NOT MUCH TO SAY, LET’S GET GOING.”
Full Leg Day Training
- Seated Calf Raises Machine — 1st set 10 reps, 2nd set 10 reps, 3rd set 8 reps
- Standing Calf Stretch
- Hip Abductor Machine — 1st set 12 reps, 2nd set 12 reps, 3rd set 10 reps, 4th set 12 reps
- Seated Hamstring/Leg Curl Machine — 1st set 11 reps, 2nd set 11 reps, 10 reps
- Leg Extension Machine – 1st set 20 reps, 2nd set 25 reps, 3rd set 15 reps 4th set 15 reps with 10 partials
- Pendulum Squat Machine — 1st set 8 reps, 2nd set 7 reps, 3rd set 8 reps 4th set 6 reps
- Lying Leg Press Machine — 1st set 10 reps, 2nd set 8 reps, 3rd set 10 reps
- Stiff-legged Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift — 1st set 10 reps, 2nd set 10 reps
- Lunges with Chain — 1st set 18 reps, 2nd set 15 reps, 3rd set 30 reps
To see his full leg day training click here.
What do you think of Shaun Clarida and his intense off season leg day training?